Who said that cakes should only be considered as treats? If you thought that cakes were bad for you and that you should stay away if your goal is to lose weight, think again!
Here’s one of my favourite recipes, delicious, very easy to make and 100% a crowd pleaser. Oh and absolutely guilt free! Check the macros out:
Per serving (1 out for 4):
Sat Fat 3g
The beauty of it is that you can twist this recipe with your favourite flavours, such as fruit or even chocolate (dark of course)!
Ready? Let’s dig in then!
FOR THE CRUST:
6 Claudia’s Kitchen Almond Crunch biscuits
21 g olive oil
FOR THE FILLING:
150g cream cheese
120g crème fraiche
4g gelatine (2 leaves)
1 tsp. vanilla powder or vanilla beans (optional – here is where you can be creative and add strawberries or dark chocolate for example!)
1 scoop (25g) of whey protein powder (optional – this will boost the cake’s protein content but it’s entirely optional!)
Note: Always try to buy organic and free range ingredients if you can, less chances of ingesting nasty chemicals or hormones.
- Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and blitz them to crumbs
- Place the obtained mixture in a small (about 9cm) greased spring-form pan and press it down (Note 1: this recipe allows you to make two of these pans)
- Insert the pans in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for 12 minutes
- Now place the gelatine leaves in a small bowl filled with cold water for 5 minutes
- Place all the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix until you reach a creamy consistency (Note: I suggest tasting the cream to ensure the sweetness is up to your taste – if not add a bit more stevia)
- Take the gelatine out of the bowl, drain it and cook it on a medium flame in a pan with about 3 tablespoons of hot water, mixing every so often, without making it boil (2 minutes)
- Take the gelatine out and add it to the other filling ingredients and mix well to remove any lumps
- Once mixed put the creamy mixture in the fridge and let it rest for 5 minutes (this will allow it to set a bit)
- Take the pans out of the oven and let them cool on the rack
- Once the crust has cooled down and the cream is slightly set, pour the cream on the crust (still in the pan)
- Put in the fridge and let them rest for about 4 hours
- Check the cakes are nice and firm before taking them out of the pan!
- Once they are out of the pan decorate with flaked almonds (Note: if you added fruit or dark chocolate or anything else to the cream then use these ingredients to decorate if you like!)
- Guilt free enjoyment coming your way now
30 minutes prep time + 12 minutes oven time + about 30 mins cooling time + about 4 hours refrigeration time